Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Angie Harmon Interview on Parenting.com

May 21, 2012

Mom of Finley, 8, Avery, 7, and Emery, 3, celebrity supercop on TNT's Rizzoli & Isles, and Kung Fu Panda lover
Describe your parenting style in one word:
Fun.
Favorite TV family of all time (real or fictional):
The Cosbys. What I learned from them is that you have to have a sense of humor to be a parent and not take everything too seriously.
What's always in your refrigerator?
Naked Pomegranate Blueberry Juice. We add it to smoothies in the morning for breakfast.

Last meal you made for your family:
Halibut provençal. Sauté some shallots, garlic, brown the fish, add diced tomatoes, capers, and olives. With some green beans and rice on the side.

Craziest thing you've done because you were sleep-deprived:
I put my keys in the fridge and the milk in the cabinet.

Behavioral trait you hope your kids don't inherit from you:
Impatience.

Best piece of parenting advice you ever got:
I'm a perfectionist, and my girlfriend once told me, “OK, so you didn't get all three girls' hair brushed or one is wearing mismatched socks. It's not the end of the world.”

Last toy/object you helped your child find:
My oldest still has a blanket, but she's always losing it. It's often not a matter of it being lost, just that “Mom, I don't want to look for it, you do it.”

Who's your celebrity crush?
Sigourney Weaver. She's one of the reasons I became an actress.

Your pick-me-up:
Kung Fu Panda. I have the opening credits on my phone, and when I'm exhausted, I'll play it and it makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment